My Setup Last updated Dec 2022
- 14" MacBook Pro (10-core M1 Pro, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD)
16" MacBook Pro (6-core Intel i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
- Apple Studio Display
Dell UltraSharp U3818DW
- Apple Magic Keyboard & Logitech MX Master 3S
Apple Magic Mouse 2
- iPhone 13 Pro
- AirPods Max
- Contexts - a much better app switcher for macOS. Easily my most indispensable Mac app.
- Moom - a window manager with excellent keyboard shortcut support.
- Amethyst - a sleek tiling window manager inspired by xmonad.
- Alfred - a much faster Spotlight replacement.
- Mimestream - a stellar email client with deep Gmail integration.
- Keyboard Maestro - a swiss army knife for keyboard-driven automation.
- BetterTouchTool - a swiss army knife for trackpad- and mouse-driven automation.
- AirBuddy - a much better Bluetooth device manager, especially for AirPods, and Magic Handoff to use the same bluetooth keyboard/mouse with multiple Macs.
- Soulver - a hybrid text editor and calculation engine. Much more frictionless and intuitive than spreadsheets for many calculations.
- CleanShot - a much more powerful screenshot and screen recording tool.
- IINA - a highly feature-rich media player for playing videos.
- NetNewsWire - a simple, fast, open-source RSS reader.
- Vimium - keyboard-driven web browsing in Chrome.
- WhatFont - the best way to discover new fonts.
- Library Extension - easily saves me hundreds of dollars per year.
- Twemex - surface more interesting content from Twitter.
- Octotree - a very helpful set of feature enhancements to the GitHub web app.
- VisBug - a powerful set of design tools to dynamically tinker with any web page.
Software Engineering Tools
- vim - the editor I keep coming back to.
- fish shell - a command line shell for the 21st century.
- iTerm 2 - much more features than the default Terminal app.
- Fork - the simplest Git GUI.
- Dash - the fastest and most comprehensive local documentation viewer.
- Postico - a fully Mac-native Postgres GUI.
- Homebrew - straightforward macOS package manager.